At Adventure Canada, the Cruise Director (CD) is responsible for managing the onboard operations for each expedition as well as managing passenger enjoyment and satisfaction. The CD is responsible for all logistical elements onboard such as the Daily Program, Gift Shop, Gym, Spa services and coordination required for onboard programming. The CD is responsible for managing the onboard team which primarily consists of the Assistant Cruise Director, Host, Onboard Office Representative and any other Resource Staff that is assigned to the voyage. All administrative tasks onboard are overseen/managed by the CD , as well as any communication (not related to Expedition Leader matters) to the head Adventure Canada head office.
Our new CD role has been designed to provide a balance between ‘sea’ and ‘land’ life. This position will include time in the office to prepare for and wrap-up the season. Tasks of preparation will include connecting with team members prior to the trip, preparing the program, researching and collaborating with the Expedition Leader. Tasks of wrapping up the season will allow a proper hand-over of pertinent information to the office team.
If you are looking for a work hard play hard role where you can explore new lands, meet new people, and enrich your knowledge; all the while enjoying ‘some’ stability of no travel months – this job is for you!
More on the Role
The CD is a forward-facing member for all passengers to communicate with. Providing superior customer service, the Cruise Director ensures all hotel aspects are beyond satisfactory for passengers and works with the Hotel Manager onboard to handle passenger requests and concerns. They communicate all concerns/highlights passengers may provide on the onshore programming to the Expedition Leaders to improve service all around.
The CD works with the Resource Team to promote and encourage a positive attitude onboard and keep spirits high! The Cruise Director will work with the Host to deliver quality programming onboard. Ultimately, the CD is the organizational master, the customer service leader and the onboard tone setter.
Our CD’s are among the most visible aboard the ship. The CD role includes a great deal of responsibility, autonomy, decision-making and well-honed leadership. This role is perfect if you don’t mind the spotlight, love people and have a sense of humour!
- Manage and oversee programming and scheduling for all onboard activities
- Oversee the execution of the daily program
- Liaise with ship’s Captain, Hotel Manager, Purser and hotel crew
- Manage, coach, and provide conflict resolution
- Formally evaluate all team members
- Oversee all special groups (journalists, agent groups, partners, etc.) and ensure delivery of agreed programming
- Manage IT network and troubleshoot with IT office and AC office
- Ensure all mandatory communication is delivered to the passengers and staff
- Provide leadership and ensure staff engagement
- 2-4 years at sea minimum
- Fluent in English (additional language skills are a bonus!)
- STCW certified preferred
- First Aid
- Managerial experience
- Communication & public speaking experience
- Works well independently
- Critical decision maker
- Creative using minimal resources (out of the box thinker!)
- Previous positions could potentially include: CD, Onboard Programming Manager, Events Manager, Expedition Program Coordinator
To apply, please complete the application form, and send your C/V and cover letter. We appreciate all applications, and if you qualify, you will be contacted.