Jun. 1 to Jun. 11, 2022
The Gulf of St. Lawrence is the gateway to Canada’s history. On this voyage, we’ll tour three provinces—and the French island of Saint-Pierre!
Our multilingual guides love to share culture, with Mi’kmaw, Algonquin, Québecois, Acadian, English, and Scots influences all aboard.
Springtime in the Gulf is brilliant for birds and whales. World-famous Percé Rock, stunning Saguenay Fjord, and Newfoundland’s south coast offer a stunning backdrop!
Sail the Gulf of St. Lawrence aboard Ocean Endeavour—and feel the beating heart of Canada’s history!
Cruise Percé Rock by Zodiac for unbeatable views
Spectacular Percé Rock in Quebec is a geological wonder, famous all around the world. It’s even more amazing from a Zodiac!
- Cruise Percé Rock for unbeatable views of this amazing marvel
- Visit nearby Bonaventure Island, where hundreds of thousands of seabirds breed
- Watch for seals and whales in the nearby waters
Explore the history and culture of French Canada
Music, dancing, stories, cuisine—the Gulf of St. Lawrence reveals its French heritage in so many ways! Travelling in the company of our bilingual guides, you’ll gain an appreciation for the unique contributions of French culture to Canadian history.
- Enjoy optional French programming aboard
- Learn songs and stories unique to French Canada
- Appreciate the diversity of the French experience, from Quebec, through the Maritimes, to Saint-Pierre!
Spot whales and other sea life in the rich waters of the Gulf
Thirteen species of cetaceans are found in the waters of the St. Lawrence River and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. The southernmost population of belugas feeds at the mouth of Saguenay Fjord. Even blue whales, the largest animals in the world, are found in the Gulf.
- Learn how to spot and identify whales from trained marine mammologists
- Spot seabirds such as gannets, puffins, razorbills, and auks
Get a taste of Europe on the French island of Saint-Pierre
For many people, the island of Saint-Pierre is a bucket-list item. Just off the coast of Newfoundland, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon remains a French overseas territory.
The last of France’s colonial presence in North America, Saint-Pierre offers wonderful shopping, fine wine and cheeses, quirky cafes, and fine dining.
Our spacious, ice-strengthened vessel features twenty Zodiacs, advanced navigation equipment, and stabilizers. A doctor, paramedic, medical clinic, and enhanced health regime offer peace of mind. Roomy facilities offer comfortable travel with plenty of breathing room for all.Learn more about Ship name