Adventure Canada is a dynamic leader in regenerative travel, specializing in expedition cruising, meaningful cultural connections, and conservation. We’re looking to grow a team of people who are invested in these same values and business practices. At Adventure Canada, we consider our people our biggest asset. That’s why you’ll be treated as a team member, not just an employee. Together we create an informal, but professional atmosphere that is hard to find elsewhere.
Adventure Canada invites you to share in our success by joining our Sales team.
Reporting to the Sales Supervisor, this forward-facing role drives sales, successfully builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders and actively contributes to large scale company goals.
This position requires a personable, persuasive and enthusiastic demeanour. A process driven candidate with strong organizational skills and robust technological proficiency will thrive in our hybrid team-oriented environment. Comfort and aptitude in digital, cloud-based and data management platforms is essential. The candidate must possess strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customer’s needs. Adventure Canada’s sales are primarily made via digital and telephone communications, however the ability to host and deliver in person and online sales presentations and attend trade shows and events is critical to the position.
This position requires 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday. The position is currently hybrid, and presently the successful candidate must be willing to commute to our office in Mississauga, Ontario three times per week.
Overarching duties and responsibilities:
- Attain and maintain in-depth product knowledge for scheduled expeditions, regions visited, specialty programs, hotels, pre/post/mid-enhancements, and promotions
- Accelerate daily sales via phone, email, social media and in person interactions
- Communicate and advocate product and brand value in support of successful conversions
- Maximize conversions by following up on enquiries, quotes and pending bookings in established timeframe
- Build rapport via daily interactions with clients to drive sales and brand affinity
- Work well under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with clients
- Maintain attention to detail in organized, thorough and confidential client files
- Participate in and lead group trainings
- Inventory Management
- Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate booking processes, sales and operational/marketing support.
- Utilize CRM to generate and process sales while continuously growing skills for database management
- Make recommendations for process, procedure and technology improvements
- Self-motivated and demonstrate initiative with a strong commitment to personal goals, objectives, and work ethic
- Represent Adventure Canada at events and on expeditions
- TICO certified
- 2+ years of successful b2b and b2c sales experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, and Teams; previous experience with client database management and cloud-based technology
- Must be able to travel for business
- Strong domestic, transborder, and international travel knowledge
- Comfortable in a small office/family business environment; adaptable to a variety of duties
- Collaborative, organized and able to manage multiple tasks under tight time frames
- Ability to work from home remotely/independently and in a fast-paced hybrid team environment.
- Creative and energetic with experience selling to sophisticated/affluent clientele
- Impeccable public speaking, interpersonal, written, and communications skills
- Experience working with multiple currencies & agent commissions is an asset
- Fluency in French and English is an asset
- Personal commitments towards lifelong education and implementing the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s calls to action are strong assets
- A love for travel and familiarity with Adventure Canada’s expedition destinations is desirable
Completion of college or university is recommended; however, we are looking for an extremely dynamic salesperson whose enthusiasm, drive, and ability to sell and promote Adventure Canada products may surpass formal education.
Good to know
Adventure Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with Adventure Canada values and all applicable legislation.
Adventure Canada appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you must submit:
- Cover Letter
Applications that are missing any of the above-listed documents will be dismissed.
Please visit the Pivotal Solution website and apply for the Travel Sales Consultant position.