Adventure Canada is a dynamic leader in expedition cruising, bringing our guests to some of the world’s most remote regions. Throughout our over three decades of operation, we have provided unique travel and educational experiences through the expert lens of our dedicated resource teams.
We are looking to hire an Operations Coordinator to assist in implementing our operation in the expedition cruise travel industry. The ideal candidate has clear communication skills, organizational ability, and a friendly and personable attitude. Flexibility is also crucial, as this role may require you to travel for extended periods of time and work odd hours during our in-season operation.
As Operations Coordinator, you must comfortably handle multiple deliverables in a high-risk industry where shifting priorities and deadlines evolve continuously. The Operations Coordinator works closely with a variety of stakeholders including our guests, third-party providers and contractors, Adventure Canada headquarters staff, on-ship expedition team members, ship crew members, and other industry professionals.
The Operations Coordinator is a cornerstone of the successful and safe operation of our ship-based expeditions and a key member of the Operations Department. You will work to ensure the timely completion of deliverables that are critical to the operation, and engaging in tasks and activities that contribute to the success of the department and to Adventure Canada. In addition to your core duties, there may be tasks, opportunities, events, social gatherings, and other projects that will require your participation and assistance. The Operations Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Overarching duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out the mission, vision, and values of the company as it pertains to our operation
- Integrating workflow and task prioritization into the department’s project management software
- Procurement of necessary equipment, supplies and other items for the operation, including vessel set-up and pack-up where required
- Permitting customs and port-state controls related to vessel sailing and activities
- Logistics for our three main spheres of operation, Atlantic Canada, the Arctic, Europe and other spheres as required
- Logistics for our specialty trips including vessel and land-based trips
- Enhancements and optional add-ons for all our trips during the logistics planning phase
- Quality control and operational compliance with regulatory authorities in the jurisdictions we operate
- Reviewing and updating the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Shoreside and shipside implementation of the operation including the possibility of in-field operational functions, where required
- Implementation of Association of Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO) guidelines and recommendations
- Implementation of on-board aspects such as gift shop and spa, including inventory management, purchasing, and sourcing local products and services
- Engaged in interdepartmental collaboration, including but not limited to the following departments: Client Services, Marketing, Sales, Groups and Business Development
Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of operations experience in the travel industry
- Attuned to the Indigenous landscape within Canada
- Stress tolerant
- Operational experience in the Polar regions
- Maritime specific experience is an asset
- A polished professional with a resourceful approach; the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proven ability to create clear and achievable short and long-term plans while working with multiple tasks, projects, and timelines with frequent changes and interruptions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to adapt to a dynamic and shifting operation
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working in multiple technology platforms (Google Earth Pro, Microsoft Suite, cloud-based servers, project management software, etc.)
- Travel is a requirement in order to assist with in-season operational needs
- Fluency in French and English is an asset
- Personal commitments towards lifelong education and implementing the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s calls to action are strong assets
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Completion of college or university is recommended; however, we are looking for a dynamic and proactive individual whose enthusiasm, drive, and ability to implement operational deliverables may surpass formal education.
Good to know
Adventure Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with Adventure Canada values and all applicable legislation.
Adventure Canada appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. Please note that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you must submit:
- Cover Letter
Applications that are missing any of the above-listed documents will be dismissed.
Please visit the Pivotal Solution website and apply for the Operations Coordinator position.