Itinerary and Trip Details
Bears of Churchill Town and Tundra Enthusiast
October to November, 2020
$6,799 CAD + 8.5 % tax
Single Supplement: $1,125 CAD + 8.5% tax
Starts: Winnipeg, MB
Ends: Winnipeg, MB
Flights: Winnipeg to Churchill and return. Included in the trip price.
Group size: 22
Fitness Level: Light
Adventure Canada itineraries may be subject to change without notice due to weather, ice, and sea conditions
Arriving at your leisure in Winnipeg, you’ll find the Four Points Sheraton conveniently located right at the airport. For those looking to do a little exploring, downtown Winnipeg is just fifteen minutes away by taxi.
We will meet at the hotel for a group orientation and dinner. The adventure begins!
Winnipeg to Churchill
We’ll have a repeat orientation for latecomers at the hotel, and then board our flight to Churchill; we’ll enjoy breakfast on board. A guided bus tour will explore attractions such as Cape Merry, Port of Churchill, and Manitoba Conversation’s Polar Bear Holding Facility (weather permitting).
After lunch, we’ll visit the Eskimo Museum, which features one of Canada’s finest collections of Inuit carvings, kayaks, and artifacts. We overnight at Churchill Hotel.
Tundra Buggy Adventure
Today will be spent in a Tundra Buggy with an expert local guide, viewing polar bears and other Arctic wildlife. All of our vehicles are furnished with dual pane frost-free windows and real-flame propane heating systems.
You will enjoy picnic-style lunches and refreshments while bear watching. The day concludes with an evening slide show conducted by seasoned residents of the area. Relax and soak up years of northern experience, enchanting stories, and magnificent photography.
Dog Sledding Excursion
In the morning, you’ll learn about the unique history of Canadian dogsledding from a local sledding expert. Then you’ll enjoy an exhilarating ride by sled (or cart, weather permitting). Enjoy hot chocolate, fresh bannock, and sledding stories after your ride.
During the afternoon, we’ll visit the Parks Canada Interpretive Centre. Here you’ll see wildlife dioramas and fur trade exhibits. View a series of videos on the history, culture, and wildlife of the area.
Tundra Buggy / Winnipeg
Today features another excursion via Tundra Buggy, including a picnic-style lunch and final opportunities for bear watching. Then we’ll gather our luggage and make our way to the airport.
At 19h00, we’ll board our evening flight to Winnipeg. Dinner will be served aboard. We’ll arrive in Winnipeg between 21h00 and 21h30. We overnight at the Four Points Sheraton again tonight.
You’ll depart Winnipeg at your leisure, depending on your independent travel arrangements.
- Two hotel nights in Winnipeg
- Three hotel nights in Churchill
- Return airfare from Winnipeg to Churchill
- All meals in Churchill
- Ground transportation
- Interpretive guide
- Two full days aboard a Tundra Buggy
- Tour of Churchill and surrounding area
- Entrance to the Eskimo Museum and the Parks Canada Interpretive Centre
- Cultural Presentation
- Dogsledding excursion
- Alcoholic beverages
- Commercial flights to and from Winnipeg
- Personal items
- Mandatory emergency medical and evacuation insurance
- Discretionary trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Optional helicopter tour
- Discretionary gratuities
- Any expenses incurred due to changes beyond our control
- October 03 - October 08, 2020
- October 11 - October 16, 2020
- October 14 - October 19, 2020
- October 17 - October 22, 2020
- October 20 - October 25, 2020
- October 23 - October 28, 2020
- October 26 - October 31, 2020
- October 29 - November 03, 2020
- November 01 - November 06, 2020
- November 02 - November 07, 2020
- November 04 - November 09, 2020
- November 05 - November 10, 2020
- November 08 - November 13, 2020
- November 10 - November 15, 2020
- November 11 - November 16, 2020
- November 14 - November 19, 2020