Adventure Canada is a dynamic leader in regenerative travel, specializing in expedition cruising, meaningful cultural connections, and conservation. We’re looking to grow a team of people who are invested in these same values and business practices. Learn more about where we operate and what we do.
We are looking for an experienced Client Services Representative to join this forward-facing team. This is a full-time position. The successful candidate for this position must be personable, organized, and flexible, with robust technological, and administrative skills. They should have exceptional written and oral communication skills, including familiarity with conflict resolution, to provide the best possible customer service experience.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Client Services team, as well as collaboratively with the Sales and Business Development teams, assisting clients in all aspects of preparing for their booked expeditions. They must be comfortable working within a structured team environment, and confident in taking the initiative to suggest improvements and take on independent projects as needed. This position calls for technical proficiency with regard to our business processes and client data management. Due to the nature of expedition travel management, a willingness to travel, adaptability, and a positive attitude towards change are required.
Overarching duties and responsibilities
- Respond to traveller and travel agent inquiries with prompt, accurate, friendly, and efficient communication, fostering strong relationships
- Create and maintain informative communications and circulate to travellers
- Maintain attention to detail in organized, thorough and confidential client files
- Process secure payments and refunds, and generate invoices
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge for trips and regions we visit, including hotels, enhancements, promotions, and pre and post-departure tours
- Explain and sell travel insurance and assist with insurance claims
- Administrative and sales support on the front line as needed
- Generate, maintain, and distribute required manifests to internal and external tour operators and follow up as needed
- Represent Adventure Canada at partner events and/or on expeditions
- Develop, implement, and document strategies that will improve overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Other administrative and/or trip preparation duties as required
- Participate in and support expeditions as called upon
- Maintaining up-to-date skills in our database management system
Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment (both digital and in-person); experience in the travel industry is an asset
- Stress tolerant
- TICO certification (or the ability to obtain)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, and Teams; previous experience with client database management and cloud-based technology is an asset
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under tight time frames
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A flexible self-starter who looks ahead and problem-solves
- Experience selling and assisting with travel insurance claims is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and function in a team environment, maintaining high levels of communication with others
- Strong people and conflict management skills
- Positive, collaborative, team player
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
How to Apply
To apply for this position you must submit:
- Cover Letter
Applications that are missing any of the above-listed documents will be dismissed.
Please visit the Pivotal Solution website and apply for the Client Services Representative position.