Project North’s community-based and national funding initiatives will generate opportunities to provide education and fitness programs that benefit the Inuit youth of today and of the future.
Project North’s goal is to galvanize Canadians from coast to coast to coast to look North, become more aware, and lend a hand to support children—our country’s greatest resources.
The Gear Up is a program that facilitates the donation of different pieces of hockey equipment to help fill up one whole hockey bag.
Adventure Canada annually works alongside Project North to deliver a full team set of hockey or soccer equipment to a Northern community—a value of $25,000. Adventure Canada and Project North have delivered sporting equipment to the following communities:
- 2009 Kinngait (Cape Dorset), Pangnirtung, Kimmirut, Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet) Nunavut
- 2010 Ikalutuuttiaq (Cambridge Bay) Nunavut
- 2011Uqsuqtuuq (Gjoa Haven), Nunavut
- 2012 Kangiqtugaapik (Clyde River), Nunavut
- 2013 Makkovik, Nunatsiavut
- 2014 Nain, Nunatsiavut
- 2015 Qausuittuq (Resolute), Nunavut
- 2016 Kimmirut
- 2017 Aujuittuq (Grise Fjord), Nunavut
- 2018 Kangiqsualujjuaq, Nunavik