Adventure Canada is a dynamic leader in regenerative travel, specializing in expedition cruising, meaningful cultural connections, and conservation. We’re looking to grow a team of people who are invested in these same values and business practices. At Adventure Canada, we consider our people our biggest asset. That’s why you’ll be treated as a team member, not just an employee. Together we create an informal, but professional atmosphere that is hard to find elsewhere.
Adventure Canada invites you to share in our success by joining our Business Development team. We are looking for a persuasive and resourceful Outside Sales – Business Development & Account Manager to join our team. The successful candidate for this position must genuinely enjoy building relationships, find pleasure in a challenge, showcase natural charisma, and be driven to measure success. This position supports skill development and professional growth while working in a fun, stimulating, fast-paced, and supportive environment. A career with Adventure Canada includes flexibility, travel, ongoing growth opportunities, and competitive compensation.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Business Development team with regular collaboration with the inside sales and client services teams. The position requires an individual with the ability to connect, prospect, and source new business, while consistently maintaining brand integrity. This position calls for technical proficiency with regard to our business processes and client data management. The successful candidate will be provided mentorship but is required to present self-starter skills and a history of problem-solving abilities.
Overarching duties and responsibilities:
- Brand promotion within the travel industry and beyond
- Development and successful management of B2B relations
- New account acquisition and maintenance
- Participate in creating sales and marketing programs to differentiate Adventure Canada and grow sales
- Monitor and report on account metrics
- In-person and digital public speaking and sales presentations
- Presentation development and delivery from scratch
- Develop and host product trainings for stakeholders
- Interdepartmental and external communications
- Attending relevant industry networking events and sales calls
To be the perfect fit, you are:
Relationship Guru – With your natural charisma, you find it easy to build and maintain relationships with your clients. You compose yourself with great energy, top listening skills, and the key ability to zone in on the right questions when pitching your products.
Master of Rapport – You have a knack for making connections by creating a sense of trust and understanding within minutes. There is often no personality with whom you can’t build an understanding. You are dedicated to creatively building rapport even when met with resistance.
Appetite for Sales – Sales is your diet of choice. You have a nearly limitless appetite to close the deal, even if it means hunting yourself. You feed your appetite by obtaining the knowledge you need to reach your targets while sharing solutions with team members, building an environment for success.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of sales experience with proven success; travel industry experience is preferable
- Ability to occasionally travel up to 75% of the month; however, on average months are 50% travel
- Ability to travel internationally
- Driver’s license
- Experience working with remote teams
- Impeccable public speaking, interpersonal, written, presentation, and communications skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (specifically; Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working experience in selling to sophisticated/affluent clientele
- Experience working with multiple currencies and agent commissions is a definite asset
- Working experience with B2B and B2C
- Customer service-orientated
- Experience hosting consumer events, attending trade shows, and attending company events
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Comfortable in a small office/family business environment; adaptable to a variety of duties
- TICO-certified a definite bonus
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Fluency in French is a definite asset
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Completion of college or university is recommended. Our focus is to find a dynamic salesperson who can formally communicate internally and externally with our team members and clients, as well as provide the required enthusiasm, drive, and ability to sell and promote Adventure Canada products.
Good to know
Adventure Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with Adventure Canada values and all applicable legislation.
Adventure Canada appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person—not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences. The assessment will take about ten to fifteen minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application. We will review the applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit the Pivotal Solution website and apply for the Business Development Account Manager position.