Sable Island’s wild horses are world-famous, but there’s so much more to this remote sand island off the coast of Nova Scotia. The world’s largest colony of Grey seals breeds here, as do the rare Roseate Tern and the endemic Ipswich Sparrow, among many birds of note. Amid the island’s 42 km of beaches, dunes and bogs you’ll find a plethora of plants: from iris, to sundew, to wild berries in abundance. Whales and sharks ply the nearby waters.
Sable Island’s history includes shipwrecks and salvage; sealing and walrus hunting; rescue and research. Still, the horses remain the island’s most charismatic residents. Free to roam, they represent one of the world’s last wild equine populations. Now protected as Canada’s 43rd National Park, Sable Island offers an island adventure unlike any other.
This expedition is part of our 2014 East Coast Back to Back Promotion.
Selected tours are 25% off. Click here for details.
Combine with Avalon Explorer for a taste of Newfoundland.
We meet in St. John's, Newfoundland's historic, vibrant capital. Picturesque and welcoming, with a a world-famous harbor, St. John’s has been continuously fished since 1498, allowing it to boast the designation of North America's oldest European settlement.
We join our vessel, Sea Adventurer here.
View 2014 Sable Island.kmz in a larger map
All prices are per person, in US Dollars (USD) unless specified otherwise, and are cash or cheque discounted.
$2695.00 Quad Lower Forward, 2 upper 2 lower berths, porthole window.
$3695.00 Triple Lower Deck, 1 upper 2 lower berths, porthole window.
$4695.00 Junior Double, two lower berths, porthole window
$5295.00 Double, two lower berths, midship, porthole window.
$6495.00 Main Double, two lower berths, porthole window.
$6995.00 Deluxe Double, two lower berths, midship, porthole window.
$7995.00 Superior Double, two lower berths, picture window.
$8495.00 Superior Double Plus, two lower berths, picture window.
$9495.00 Suite, two lower beds, sitting area, picture window.
$10495.00 Owner’s Suite, two lower berths, shower & bathtub, picture window.
Please add Discovery Fund Fee - Sable Island 1 fee of $250.00 to above prices
Please find prices for any available charter flights in the details section.
Click here to view our terms and conditions.
Ecologist and Naturalist
Holiday Service Manager
- - View one of the world’s last populations of wild horses
- - Photograph Sable Island’s many rare and beautiful plant species
- - See the world’s largest Grey seal colony on Sable’s sandy shores
- - Seek the rare Ipswich Sparrow in its sole breeding ground
- - Observe whales in the marine mammal rich waters around “The Gully”
What's Not Included
- View one of the world’s last populations of wild horses
- Photograph Sable Island’s many rare and beautiful plant species
- See the world’s largest Grey seal colony on Sable’s sandy shores
- Seek the rare Ipswich Sparrow in its sole breeding ground
- Observe whales in the marine mammal rich waters around “The Gully”